Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey Raam!

I heard this short story in 'Sasural Genda Phool', a serial which comes on Star Plus at 07:30 PM.

Raam had been searching for Sita for many days now. He had reached the sea coast & was walking on the sands wondering how will he ever cross this great ocean & rescue his wife. Thats when he accidently stepped on a tortoise. He stood there, with his foot on the tortoise for a long while, deep in thought. When atlast he moved, he saw all this time he had been standing on the tortoise's back. He picked it up gently & asked in an apologetic tone, "Why didn't you shout or call out when I stepped on you, little one?"

The tortoise said, "Whenever I was in pain, I used to say 'Hey Raam'. But when Raam himself steps on me, whom do I call out, my Lord?"

No comments: